AFFILIATION AND OFFICIAL ADDRESS:
Department of Applied Mathematics,
National Technical University
"Kharkov Polytechnic Institute",
21 Frunze Str., Kharkov 61002 Ukraine
Tel.: 38-(0572)-47-31-86, 38-(0572)-400-941
DATE AND PLACE OF BIRTH:
November 4, 1966, Kharkov, Ukraine
EDUCATION (Degrees, dates, universities):
- Diploma of Associate Professor - March, 2002, High Certificate Committee of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine
- Diploma of Candidate of Science (Ph.D. in Physics and Mathematics) - January, 1997, Institute for Problems in Machinery of the National Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Kharkov, Ukraine
- Diploma of Mechanician, Mathematician (M.Sc. in Mechanics and Mathematics) - June, 1989, Kharkov State University, Kharkov, Ukraine
CAREER / EMPLOYMENT (employers, position and dates):
- National Technical University "Kharkov Polytechnic Institute", Department of Applied Mathematics
- Associate Professor, 2001-till now;
- Senior Lecturer, 1998-2001;
- Lecturer, 1996-1998.
- Institute for Problems in Machinery of the National Ukrainian Academy of Sciences
- Scientists, 1995-1996;
- Post-graduate student, 1992-1995.
- Institute of Low Temperature Physics of the National Ukrainian Academy of Sciences
- Engineer, 1989-1992
- main field: mechanics, applied mathematics
- other fields: mathematical modelling and numerical methods in scientific research
- current research interests: regular and chaotic behavior of smooth and nonsmooth nonlinear dynamical systems
GRANTS FOR RESEARCH:
- The Grant of the State Committee in Science and Technology, Ukraine, 1995-1996;
- The Grant of the National Ukrainian Academy of Sciences for Young Scientists, 1996-1998;
- The Grant of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine for Young Scientists, 1999-2001;
- The Grant of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine for Young Scientists, 2001-2002;
- The Scholarship from J. Mianowski Foundation of Polish Science Support, September-December 2003.
RECENT SELECTED PUBLICATIONS:
- J. Awrejcewicz, L. Dzyubak, C. Grebogi. "A direct numerical method for quantifying regular and chaotic orbits," Chaos, Solitons and Fractals 19, 2004, 503-507.
- J. Awrejcewicz, L. Dzyubak. "Stick-slip chaotic oscillations in a quasi-autonomous mechanical system," International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation 4(2), 2003, 155-160.
- Awrejcewicz, J., Dzyubak, L. "Regular and chaotic behavior exhibited by coupled oscillators with friction," The 6th International Symposium on nonlinear mechanics "Nonlinear Sciences and applications", Nish, August, 24-29, 2003.
- J. Awrejcewicz, L. Dzyubak, C. Grebogi. "Estimation of chaotic and regular (stick-slip and slip-slip) oscillations exhibited by coupled oscillators with dry friction," Chaos, Solitons and Fractals (to appear).
- J. Awrejcewicz, L. Dzyubak. "Quantifying smooth and non-smooth regular and chaotic dynamics," International Journal of Bifurcation and chaos (special issue, to appear).
- J. Awrejcewicz, O. Dzyubak, L. Dzyubak. "Chaos in the three-well potential system," Mechanics Research Communications (to appear).
- J. Awrejcewicz, L. Dzyubak. "Regular and chaotic motion of nonlinear quasi-autonomous oscillator with Coulomb and viscous friction," Proceedings of the 1st Scientific-Technical Polish-Ukrainian Conference on Todays Technologies of Production and Modelling, Chmielnitskiy-Satanov, Ukraine, 16-18 October, 2003.
- J. Awrejcewicz, L. Dzyubak. "Chaos exhibited by hysteretic systems," 7th Conference on "Dynamical systems theory and applications", Łódź, Poland, December 8-11, 2003, p. 123-130.
- J. Awrejcewicz, L. Dzyubak. "Analysis of vibration stability of oscillators with hysteresis," XXI Symposium on "Vibrations in physical systems", Poznań-Kiekrz, Poland, May 26-29, 2004 (to appear).
- J. Awrejcewicz, L. Dzyubak. "Investigation of conditions for chaotic behavior occurring of oscillators with hysteresis under harmonic excitation," XXI International Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Warsaw, Poland, August 15-21, 2004, (to appear)