Alexander G. Petrov
AFFILIATION AND OFFICIAL ADDRESS:
Russian Academy of Sciences
Institute for Problems in Mechanics
Prospect Vernadskogo 101, 119526 Moscow, Russia
Tel.: +7 (845) 434 16 92 (office)
+7 (845) 930 34 34 (home)
DATE AND PLACE OF BIRTH:
08.07.1944, Gorkii, Russia
EDUCATION (Degrees, dates, universities):
- Post-Doctoral Studies at Department of Mechanics and Mathematics Lomonosov University of Moscow
- D.Sc. in Physics & Mathematics (Novosibirsk, USSR, 1988)
- THESIS TITLES: Application of variational method to solution of fluid mechanics problems
- Postgraduate Studies at Department of Mechanics and Mathematics Lomonosov University of Moscow
- Ph.D in Physics & Mathematics (Moscow, USSR, 1970)
- THESIS TITLES: On Motion of bubbles in liquid
- Department of Mechanics and Mathematics Lomonosov University of Moscow, 1961-1966.
- M.S. in applied Mathematics and Mechanics
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- D.Sc. in Physics & Mathematics (Fluid & Gas Mechanics)
- Ph.D in Physics & Mathematics (Fluid & Gas Mechanics)
- 35 years of experience in research, teaching in Fluid Mechanics and Applied Mathematics
- 1994- Leading researcher in Institute for Problems in Mechanics RAS and Professor in Lomonosov University of Moscow
- 1990-1994- Head of Mathematical Department of Moscow Timirjazev Agricultural Academy
- 1969-1992- Research Associate, Research Assistant, Moscow University, Moscow, Russia
- Analytical Mechanics,
- Fluid Mechanics
- Voinov O.V., Petrov A.G. "Motion of bubbles in liquid" Russian Academy of Science, Publishing House, (VINITI) 1976, pp 86-149.
- Petrov A.G. "Variational Method in Fluid Mechanics", Moscow, Moscow State University Publishing House, 1986, 103 p.
- Margarita E. Eglit, Alexander N. Golubiatnikov, Jacov A. Kamenjarzh, Vladimir P. Karlikov, Andrei G. Kulikovsky, Alexander G. Petrov, Irina S. Shikina, Elena I. Sveshnikova (Moscow State University). Continuum mechanics via problems and exersises, Part I: Basic Theory and Problems, 270 p. Part II: Solutions, 253 p. World Scientific Publishing Co. (Singapore, New Jersey, London, Hong Kong) 1996.
- Klimov D. M., Petrov A. G. Viscoplastic Flow: Dynamical chaos, mixing. M.: Nauka, 2004, 240 p.
More than 100 scientific papers.